Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Fabric Box Dresser Organization.

For the sake of my craft space (and my budget), I won't buy fabric unless I have a project in mind for it. If I find a fabric I like, I will do whatever I can to think up a project to justify the purchase. That's how The Monkey ended up with these cute boxes to help organize his dresser.


I fell in love with these fabrics the first time I saw them at Hipstitch. I made several trips to the store before I finally bit the bullet and bought them. I turned them into little boxes to put in his dresser so his socks and underwear don't get lost among all his pajamas. Yeah, I know, quite a stretch to justify the purchase of these fabrics.

I roughly followed my own fabric box tutorial, with a few modifications. I didn't need quite as much structure in these boxes, so I used fusible fleece instead of a heavy-weight interfacing. And rather than sewing the lining in inside out and turning the boxes, I placed the lining in the box, wrong sides together. Then bound the boxes with some red grosgrain ribbon I had in my stash.

I love the way they came out. And now there are no more complaints from The Monkey that he can't find his socks when he gets dressed in the morning!


1 comment: