Saturday, March 10, 2012

Christmas Round Up: Cat in the Hat Quilt


It's March, and I'm finally getting around to blogging the last of my Christmas sewing projects. Better late than never, I guess. In sticking with our very Seussy Christmas, I made a Cat in the Hat quilt for the Monkey.


I found some Cat in the Hat panels fabric, similar to the Grinch panels fabric I used for Baby Brother's Grinch book, and turned it into this little quilt for the Monkey. I cut out the panels, and used the fun polka dot fabric for the border. The green Dr. Seuss character fabric provided a nice contrast for the back.


The quilting was very simple. I stitched in the ditch around each panel, and added a little stitching around the shapes or letters in each panel. Some plain red binding finished off the quilt nicely.


The Monkey likes pointing out the different Seuss characters on the back of the quilt.

I was planning on making this a wall quilt, but the Monkey kept saying he wanted a Cat in the Hat blanket. So I left the hanging sleeve off. He's slept with the quilt almost every night since Christmas. It makes me happy to see how much he loves it!




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment